When I became a natural in 2000 I had no idea what I was doing. Even though I had stopped relaxing my hair and started locing it, I had no clue about what products to use on my hair. So I continued to use the same products that had harsh chemicals in them.
In 2012 I heard about using all natural products instead of using products that had a chemical base. Then later I heard about the L.O.C. Method of moisturizing natural hair. I want to share with you what I have learned about the L.O.C. Method.
- LOC stands for Liquid, Oil and Cream
- The order of the letter determines the order each item is applied. Some people prefer the LCO method where you apply the Oil last instead of second.
- First Step- Use a liquid based moisturizer for the first step, however, if water is not listed as the number one ingredient then your product is not considered water based. Tree of Life Naturals, Ciara Destiny Hair Mist is water based. It is made with the best moisturizer, which is water (however we use distilled water) and we use the second best moisturizer which is aloe vera juice. Distilled water is our number one ingredient and aloe vera juice is the number two ingredient. Oils do not moisturize your hair only water can moisturize your hair.
- Second Step- Apply an oil to your hair to seal in the moisture that you previously applied in step 1. The oils that we use are pomace grade olive oil and/or grapeseed oil.
- Third Step- Apply a cream to your hair to seal in the oil. You may also use a butter instead of the cream. Our Hair and Body Butters are made with Shea Butter, Pomace grade Olive Oil, JBCO, and a blend of Essential Oils or you can choose our All Natural Hair Grease.
Tree Of Life Naturals offers a L.O.C. Method package deal. It includes 4 0zs each of our Ciara Destiny Hair Mist and Hair Oil, and your choice of one of our Hair & Body 4 oz jar or 4oz of one of our Hair & Body Butters, I suggest our Coconut Dream Hair & Body Butter.
Please check out our website to view our L.O.C. Method package.
Share in the comments your experience with the L.O.C. Method.