Hey, how is everybody doing today? I am so excited to share with you something new that I have learned about using oil to wash my face and removing my makeup. I was on YouTube last night going through my “watch later” videos and watched one on oil based face wash and makeup remover.
I had never even considered using oil to wash my face before but after watching this video, and many others on this same topic, I learned that it is a widely used cleansing method. You can watch the video here
OIL BASED CLEANSING METHOD BENFITS
- When you use this method to wash your face you do not need to apply a moisturizer after washing your face. I absolutely love this! I tried it for the first time last night and again this morning. I did not need to apply a moisturizer afterwards and my face was not dry or tight. It felt very moisturized.
- It is very cheap to use this method. There are only two items needed to make this and you can make it yourself. I used pomace grade olive oil (you can use whatever kind you have on hand), coconut oil (I melted it in the microwave), now you can stop here and it will work fine for you but I am an Essential Oil junky so I added the following Essential Oils: Lavender, Frankincense and Ylang Ylang. If you are looking to purchase essential oils you can purchase them from my social media friend, Rita Pardo of Naturally Me and You. Click here to find out more about her.
3. You can be very creative with this method. You can use the oils that work best for your skin type or whatever oil is your preference. You can use Grapeseed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Castor Oil…just to name a few but you get the idea.
HOW TO USE THIS METHOD
- You do not have to wash your face before applying your oil. You simply rub the oil into your face and over your makeup.
- Take a wash clothe and rinse it in hot water. Rinse it out. Put it on your face for a few minutes.
- Wipe the makeup off with the wash clothe or if using as a cleanser, simply wipe your face with the clothe removing all of the oil.
That’s it! Its that simple. You will not need to apply a moisturizer.
Have you used this method before? If so, please share your comments.