There are so many benefits for using turmeric and raw honey on your face as a facial. Turmeric is used for cooking curry dishes and I use it on my baked chicken. It has been used for centuries in India for cosmetic use. I have found that turmeric helps to lighten dark spots on your face and lighten dark circles under the eye. Turmeric is a natural moisturizer and helps your skin to retain its elasticity, which is good for youthful looking skin.
Benefits of turmeric for skin
- Calcium- helps dry withered skin
- Vitamin C- helps build up collagen and maintain skin tightness
- Vitamin B6-keeps skin moisturized and healthy
- Potassium-solves dry skin by moisturizing and hydrating skin cells
- Magnesium- slows down the aging process of skin
Benefits of raw honey for skin
- Acne- honey is naturally antibacterial, so its great for acne treatment and prevention
- Aging- honey is full of antioxidants, it is great for slowing down aging
- Complexion boost- honey is extremely moisturizing and soothing, so it helps to create a glow
When you combine turmeric and raw honey together as a facial mask you are making a power packed cosmetic tool. Use it once a week or more if needed.
The Difference Between Raw Honey and Regular Honey
Raw honey has not been processed therefore it still has its original nutrients. Regular honey has been processed which is why it is liquidy and golden, whereas, raw honey is too thick to pour, you have to scoop it out. More information about Raw Honey vs Regular Honey
Here are links to more information about the benefits of turmeric:
- Huffington Post article on 6 health benefits of turmeric
- Article explaining what is so special about turmeric
- Known Side Effects of Turmeric
I included the last link to provide balance. It is good to also familiarize yourself with side effects of anything that you are using on your skin or ingesting.
Share with me in the comments your favorite turmeric and raw honey facial recipes!